Are you looking for an outdoor coal boiler or an outdoor coal furnace?
We will answer the questions about the benefits of using coal to heat your home below. If you are looking for more information about our coal units, take a look at the outdoor coal boilers tab under Products in the menu above.
Many manufacturers changed to natural gas in making their products but are now switching back to coal because it is less expensive.
Coal burns super hot and needs a very thick firebox. The firebox inside of a Nature’s Comfort stove is one of the few that can handle the heat that is so intense.
The Nature’s Comfort outdoor coal stove is specifically designed to burn coal and it was built with our patented coal shaker grate technology. This is so you are able to get rid of clinkers in your firebox.
One of the big questions we receive is about burning coal in an outdoor wood boiler. An outdoor wood and coal boiler no longer exists due to the new EPA regulations that were passed in February of 2015. If you burn wood in one of our coal boilers you will void the warranty.
Click on the pictures above to see a LARGER image.
A video of how the shaker grates work is above.
We carry 6 sizes of coal boiler for sale. These models are specifically designed to burn coal only.
With the fan feeding oxygen in from the bottom, the coal burns easily. Shaker grates are installed in all models to help get rid of the clinkers.
NCB-120-COAL $5,980 160,000 BTU and a 120 gallon water tank. 3,000 sq ft.
NCB-175-COAL $6,580 220,000 BTU and a 175 gallon water tank. 4,000 sq ft.
NCB-250-COAL $7,580 300,000 BTU and a 250 gallon water tank. 6,000 sq ft.
NCB-275G-COAL $8,480 380,000 BTU and a 275 gallon water tank. 8,000 sq ft.
NCB-325G-COAL $9,080 460,000 BTU and a 325 gallon water tank. 10,000 sq ft.
NCB-400G-COAL $10,080 500,000 BTU and a 400 gallon water tank. 12,000 sq ft.
Grades of Coal
Anthracite – this kind of coal has the greatest percentage of set carbon as well as a lower percentage of unpredictable material compared to all various other coals, making it more difficult to fire up. Nevertheless, when it is fired up, it burns relatively smokeless.The most popular anthracite mines in the United States are in western Pennsylvania.
Bituminous – Bituminous coal is one of the most abundant and most commonly utilized coals. This is the kind of coal found in the Appalachian area. It has a greater home heating possibility and also is used for making coke. It has a greater percent of fixed carbon, greater heat value as well as far better weathering attributes compared to lignite as well as sub-lignite coals. Most of the non-metallurgical qualities of bituminous coal are burned in central heating boilers or heating systems to acquire thermal power for producing electrical energy. Since bituminous coal is softer than anthracite, it is usually referred to as soft coal. It does release smoke as it burns, unlike anthracite; however, there is an area in Southern West Virginia where the bituminous charcoal burns relatively smokeless. The Smokeless Coal Area of Southern West Virginia are one-of-a-kind on the planet.
In the United States, the coal power plants generate 50% of the electricity produced.
Some other points to take away from this page:
- Lessen your utility expenses! Coal is easy to load – by the shovel lots, as opposed to wood. You could eliminate your gas, electrical or oil costs merely by using a Nature’s Comfort outdoor coal stoker boiler to warm your home and your water. Coal is quite plentiful in lots of Eastern states.
- Heating with charcoal – beyond our home – is CLEANER!
No more smoke, ashes, bark, pests, log heaps as well as garbage in the house. Numerous kinds of coal burn virtually smokeless.
- Make your water warmer with your Nature’s Comfort heating system as well as conserve $30-60 a month on this feature alone! It looks after all your hot water needs and also the elements in your hot water heating unit may never start up again!
- Safety. Our heating system is made to be located away from your home, in the yard. The normal range is about 50 to 100 feet. An outside coal boiler will remove the risk of stove fires in the house. Any fire station that compares the security of indoor devices versus exterior furnaces will clearly specify that outside furnaces are the victors. This safety and security function normally lowers your insurance coverage rates.
- One furnace could warm numerous structures; so there is no demand to buy a heating source for each. Just run an extra length of PEX pipeline to the location you want to heat – even garage areas, shops as well as greenhouses without an already existing heater! Some people even heat their driveways!
- Residential and office structures, manufacturing facilities, dining establishments and garage areas could all be warmed conveniently with our coal fired boiler. Easy, tidy and also effective, one system could heat your home or/and store, garage, swimming pool, jacuzzi, greenhouse or manufacturing plant.